Monday, February 2, 2009

Craig's Swerve post...


I am passing on something our pastor Craig Groeschel passed on to us this morning...

"Kendra’s been on our Central LifeKids Team for over five years. She’s an incredible team player and loves Jesus more than anything. She writes…

The LORD answered me and said, “Record the vision and inscribe it on tablets, that the one who reads it may run. For the vision is yet for the appointed time; it hastens toward the goal and it will not fail. Though it tarries, wait for it; for it will certainly come, it will not delay.” Habakkuk 2:2-3 NASB

I keep this on my computer desktop. I need it written plainly on tablets. It means many different things to me, but recently it came up in a conversation about the role of our LifeChurch.tv Central Team.

A Campus teammate described that he understood Central’s role to be like the bumpers on bowling alleys at kids’ birthday parties. Campus Teams can run around inside that area freely, but the bumpers are there to keep them from bouncing out of control into something that is out of line with who we are.

To me, this verse paints a much better picture of our Campus/Central relationship. Central’s role is to inscribe a clear and compelling vision. Those who read it can then grab it and run.

No bouncing around aimlessly against bumpers. Just running full out, all of us in the same direction.

I know our version of multi-site is different. I know our size isn’t normal either. But I’m tempted to guess that all ministries need this same kind of clearly recorded, always visible vision. So that those who read it may run.

What about your vision needs to be more clearly inscribed on tablets?

Is your team slamming into bumpers or sprinting in the right direction?

Do you have as hard a time waiting for the “appointed time” as I do?"

I AM LIKING THIS DESCRIPTION OF A CLEAR VISION FOR YOUR TEAM. WOW!

No comments: